When Winning an auction is actually not winnig

beware

When Winning an auction is actually not winnig

Post by beware » 2 months ago

[/size
I won an auction and it said add to basket which i did not do and when i looked later it said i had lost by £1 yet the screen said i had won did not take a screenshot but feel really angry

jeweller

Re: When Winning an auction is actually not winnig

Post by jeweller » 2 months ago

You are wasting your energy writing this. I couldn't count the number of times this has happened to me. I have come to the conclusion that the auctions are pre programmed. Have you noticed auctions where you know it's the last one and its "won" again and again and never bought. Sorry I don't believe it. Despite many people complaining they don't change anything. Also the strange coincidence of auctions nearly always ending at very near the price online. As for their ads that point to an item being"won " at a very low price it's pretty meaningless if it's not a real person who will buy. Over the last year or two they have made changes to the format which make it far easier to do these things. Not showing the previous bids and putting in initials rather than names. They are a waste of time now.

TJC

Post by TJC » 2 months ago

I had similar experience. Said I’d ‘won’ an item but it didn’t appear in my bidding history. I purchased the item, then 2 days later I was refunded. After countless phone calls to c/s, after initially being told the item was “out of stock” (it wasn’t, it was the last one in stock) eventually I was advised there had been an error and they couldn’t possibly sell the item to me for the amount I ‘won’ it for.
What bothered me the most in all of this was the fact they took payment and held it for 2 days and refunded with no explanation.

KAZ

Post by KAZ » 2 months ago

yes, i won the auction, but the quality of the pearls was a disgrace. they weren't pearls, they were white blobs of something. also a shower speaker that didn't work for my son at Xmas didn't work. so disappointing on Xmas day/
tried to get refund but got a obnoxious support team that said i cant. disappointment. i will not buy anything from them again. Gemporia is more classy for jewels, just buy natural ones they heat treat all their jewellery.