Delayed Delivery - Extend Return Policy

SP

Delayed Delivery - Extend Return Policy

Post by SP » 2 months ago

Due to Covid I am sure that there are many customers like me that are not receiving mail or it is taking weeks to arrive. I had have things (not from TJC) that have taken a month to get to me. I have had a couple of TJC items that even though marked 24hr delivery have taken 2 weeks to arrive. So just never arrived. My concern is that if an item arrives late and I want to return it, what do I do if it is past the 30days return policy. I have TJC Plus+, but even that does not guarantee quicker delivery at the moment. Everytime I contact Customer Services about items not yet arrived, I get a reply telling me "because of Covid there may be delays and to wait a few days longer" Yes, happy to wait a few days, but not weeks, when I am a Plus subscriber. In the current situation, could TJC not use a different postage method, ie Hermes. Also I would be good for customer relations to extend the returns policy at the moment. They do at Christmas, so why not now?

simapreet

Re: Delayed Delivery - Extend Return Policy

Post by simapreet » 2 months ago

Good evening
Thank you for contacting TJC.
We will pass this onto the relevant team to look into however we do only extend our returns period during Christmas. We always review each customers situation first before making a decision about returns. We did used to use Hermes previously however did not have a good experience with them so would rather stick with Royal Mail. Nevertheless your feedback is valued and we will look into it.
Kind regards
Sim

SP

Hi Sim, thanks for getting back to me. So TJC would rather stick with Royal Mail who are making customers wait weeks for their items (even when clearly marked 24hr delivery), and sometimes the item not arriving at all. So the customer then has the bother of having to contact TJC and request a refund - most of the time this doesn't happen immediately, they tell you to wait a few more days, which you do and then contact again, and then eventually TJC arrange the refund. For TJCs info, the Hermes delivery guys in my area are very good, I have never had a problem with them - unlike Royal Mail. You really shouldn't judge them all as the same.

donsie

Post by donsie » 2 months ago

Hi sim, why can’t you tick a box to say who you would like to deliver it, personally I prefer Royal Mail, I don’t have any problems.
Some items I have received from Hermes have been tampered with , items missing and ripped open. Why can’t you choose who you would like to deliver , when ordering tick a box, either Royal Mail or Hermes ,Donsie.

SP

Sorry to post again on this subject, but feel very strongly about it. Hermes delivery - I ordered something yesterday, I have Plus so 24hrs. It has just arrived by Hermes. I have 4 items which were sent via Royal Mail on the 18th and 19th Jan - still waiting 1 week later - all where 24hr delivery. I agree, we should have have the option to select which method of delivery we want.

simapreet

Post by simapreet » 2 months ago

Dear all,
Thank you for all your feedback.
I have passed this onto the relevant departments and hope this can be something we can implement in the near future.
Kind regards
Sim

Bobbysgirl

Post by Bobbysgirl » 2 months ago

Here in West Yorkshire I would much prefer Hermes to Royal Mail deliveries. Royal Mail text to say it will be here on a certain day and it NEVER is, always at least 2 days later. Hermes text to say its on its way and arrives the same day!! Hermes every time for me!

Glamgirl

Post by Glamgirl » 1 month ago

Hi, I do not understand how the presenters can tell the viewers 'if you order today b4 5pm, you'll get the item tomorrow'. Due to the pandemic, there are a lot of Royal Mail staff off sick so deliveries are a bit hit & miss, all over the country.
I am going to cancel my TJC PLUS & my account once I've paid for my budget pay items. Not worth the hassle...

hannah_admin1

Post by hannah_admin1 » 1 month ago

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for all your feedback.
I have passed this onto the relevant departments.
Kind regards,
Hannah